Friday, December 16, 2011

Highpoints and the things you found most difficult about colloquium


 As my last journal entry said, I learnt a lot in the colloquium class. The colloquium class did answer lots of my questions in a very scientific way, which means the answers have evidences backing up. The high point in the class which I found interesting is the facts about global warming. I think the most difficult part about colloquium is the writing part, just because I am not a native English speaker.
            The class displayed the evidences about global warming, the consequence of global warming and the solution about global warming. Before I took the class, I don’t really know the consequence of global warming. I thought the Earth would suddenly turn in hell like in about one hundred years. I thought it would like the movie “the day after tomorrow”, millions of people die overnight. After the class, I find out it is not that bad. Millions of people would die not overnight, but over a decade. If we don’t act quickly now, the Earth will turn in hell for a while, then people will get used to it once the infrastructures are being shifted. Actually there are people that benefit from global warming. For example the wine maker in England will be able to produce better wine than those in Italy due to the climate shift.
            I learnt many facts about global warming. I also learnt that the solution of global warming is right here. As I said in my last journal entry, the colloquium class did answer my questions and clear up some of my wrong conception about global warming.

No comments:

Post a Comment